Founded by Bill Clark in 1999, Clark & Company is a corporate and regulatory law practice with an emphasis on the aviation and travel industries.
Our main clients are scheduled and charter international airlines flying into Canada, domestic air carriers, Canadian aerospace companies, aviation and travel trade associations, tour operators, aircraft lessors, financial institutions and a variety of other organizations and professionals related to the aviation and travel industries.
We provide the following legal counsel services to foreign and domestic corporations conducting aviation and travel businesses under the laws of Canada:
- Regulatory advice on all matters affecting aviation, the travel and tour operator industries;
- Regulatory advice and assistance in obtaining operating certificates and economic licences to operate commercial air services in, and into, Canada;
- Regulatory advice and assistance in obtaining Special Flight Operation Certificate (SFOC) for commercial operation of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs);
- Regulatory advice in regard to aircraft certification, airport infrastructure restrictions, code sharing, block space, wet lease, aviation safety and security, airport user fees and other commercial arrangements;
- Commercial and transactional advice on aircraft leasing, acquisitions and financing; and
- Commercial advice to aviation and travel companies in regard to labour, immigration, real estate and taxation, and all other legal matters that affect a foreign or domestic corporation conducting business under the laws of Canada.
Clark & Company is often retained by many full-service corporate law firms on specific aviation transactional or regulatory matters. We also have relationships with other practitioners specializing in aircraft and travel litigation.